September 21, 2021
So, it’s time to replace your leaky roof? There are a lot of roofing contractors in Fayetteville, NC, so often, selecting the best roofer for your needs is often easier said than done. But don’t despair. The team from Advanced Roofing Solutions wants to make your search easier on you, so here are eight tips to help!
8 Tips to Avoid Scam and Get the Job Done Right
- Checkout the Better Business Bureau (BBB): Fayetteville’s BBB has a comprehensive list of trustworthy Roofers. In fact, contractors are required to maintain a satisfactory rating with the BBB to retain a Business Bureau certification.
- Warranties Matter: Not all contractors provide extensive coverage of their workmanship. Without a warranty, you may find yourself in debt and wet from the rain. If a Roofer doesn’t provide coverage for materials and labor, they may not be the craftsman for you.
- Don’t Be Shy: Ask the contractor about certifications because we offer other product lines besides GAF.
- Be aware of Material Options: Shingles, like most other consumables, come in a variety of grades. Without conducting research, you may end up with a roofing material that isn’t resistant to local weather. North Carolina’s snowy Winters can do damage to low-grade roofing.
- Look for Brand Insignia: If a roof replacement contractor carries a brand insignia, such as GAF, it’s a mark of quality, the roofer must pass a rigorous set of requirements to be factory-certified.
- Safety Matters: A contractor without safety training may not be right for you. Ensure that your roofer underwent advanced safety training.
- Go Local: Get local referrals and lessen the chance of issues or scams. When you choose a contractor from your community, they are more familiar with regional codes and regulations. Also, local contractors are best at finding a reliable crew and affordable materials.
- Don’t Skip on the Deductible: A contractor who says they can handle the repair without the homeowner paying their insurance deductible is committing insurance fraud. This endangers the homeowner and contractor.
Contact Advanced Roofing Solutions for all of your Fayetteville roofing needs!
Searching for a roofing contractor can be frustrating because not all contractors are equal. However, knowledge is power; it’s important to do the research and find the right craftsman for the job. Don’t forgetto contact the BBB and look locally! For any questions on quality residential roofing, contact the team from Advanced Roofing Solutions online today or call (910) 988-8245.